The Spring / Summer 2019 Issue of South 85 Journal is now available online.
We are pleased to present work by the following authors and artists:
• Artwork – Amanda Barbarito, William C. Crawford, J.E. Crum, Fabio Sassi, Edward Michael Supranowicz, and Bill Wolak
• Fiction – Elizabeth DelConte, Meghan Steed, and Laura Valeri
• Non-Fiction – Roxxann Eckert and Sharon Lee Snow
• Poetry – Holly Day, Gardner Dorton, Tyler Gillespie, Jennifer Gauthier, Sandra Hosking, Dave Nielsen, Alex Pickens, and Joseph Sigurdson
For some great summer reads, check out our Reviews section, featuring reviews of:
• Admissions by Eric Sasson (Fiction)
• Let’s Go (So We Can Get Back): A Memoir of Recording and Discording with Wilco, Etc. by Jeff Tweedy (Non-Fiction)
• A Piece of Good News by Katie Peterson (Poetry)
Upcoming Submission Opportunities
Through August 15, we are accepting submissions for our flash contest! The winner will receive the Julia Peterkin Award for Flash Fiction, which includes a $500 prize! In addition, our next official reading period begins August 1. Stay tuned for more information as Lisa Hase-Jackson takes over as Managing Editor. In the meantime, keep reading our blog about writing! You can even submit an article for our blog. We’d love to hear from you.
South 85 Journal is published by the Converse College Low-Residency MFA program, which recently celebrated its 10th anniversary! Thank you to our staff of volunteers who put countless hours into making this issue happen.
We hope you enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed putting it together!