The Spring / Summer 2018 Issue of South 85 Journal is now available online.
We are pleased to present work by the following contributors:
• Artwork – Roger Camp, Richard Corso, William C. Crawford, Ann Schlotzhauer, Louis Staeble, Mauricio Paz Viola, and Bill Wolak
• Fiction – Lawrence Cady, Matthew Fairchild, Sara Grace Salley, and John Vanderslice
• Non-Fiction – Brandon Daily, Mariam S. Pal, Christine Taylor, and Mary Jane White
• Poetry – Nina Bennett, Micki Blenkush, Katarina Boudreaux, MéShelle Fae, Erin Jamieson, Sean McQuinney, Jessica (Tyner) Mehta, John Nizalowski, and Charles Rafferty
For some great summer reads, check out our Reviews section, featuring reviews of:
• The Truth About Me: Stories by Louise Marburg (Fiction)
• The Road Not Taken: Edward Lansdale and the American Tragedy in Vietnam by Max Boot (Non-Fiction)
• Milk and Vine and Milk and Vine II by Adam Gasiewski and Emily Beck (Poetry)
Upcoming Submission Opportunities
Coming soon, we will open submissions for an all-new summer flash fiction contest! In addition, our next official reading period begins August 1. Stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, keep reading our blog about writing! You can even submit an article for our blog. We’d love to hear from you.
We hope you enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed putting it together!