The Spring / Summer 2017 issue of South 85 Journal is now available online.
We are pleased to present work by the following contributors:
• Artwork – Roger Camp, William C. Crawford, Melinda Giordano, Leonard Kogan, Rachel Melton, Dian Parker, and Leigh Silvers
• Fiction – Alix Bullock, Ben Berman Ghan, Brian Phipps, and Caitlin Hamilton Summie
• Non-Fiction – Lindsey Clark, Renée K. Nicholson, Rudy Ravindra, and Katie Scarafiotti
• Poetry – Beaton Galafa, Mary Catherine Harper, Starr Herr, Robert Lee Kendrick, Paige Leland, George Perreault, Jessica (Tyner) Mehta, Jessica Ramer, Valerie Smith, Eve Taft, Amanda Rachelle Warren, and Maddie Woda
For some great summer reads, check out our Reviews section, featuring reviews of:
• Submergence by J.M. Ledgard (Fiction)
• A Matter of Honor: Pearl Harbor: Betrayal, Blame, and a Family’s Quest for Justice by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan (Non-Fiction)
• Whereas by Layli Long Soldier (Poetry)
Our staff will be taking a well-deserved break for the summer, but we plan to start reading again August 1. Look forward to our next call for submissions. In the meantime, keep reading our blog about writing! You can even submit an article for our blog. We’d love to hear from you.
We hope you enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed putting it together!