Every semester the Converse College Low-Residency MFA program brings staff changes to our journal. We’d like to announce the staff who will be working on the Spring / Summer 2017 issue, which will be released June 15, 2017.
Returning to Staff
We would like to thank the following staff members for continuing their involvement with South 85 Journal:
● Melissa Sherrer (Managing Poetry Editor)
● Anthony Reese (Managing Prose Editor)
● Russell Jackson, Reed McFarlin, Chris Menezes, and Monica Torres (Poetry Editors)
● Gwen Holt, Joshua Springs, and Shianna Whitner (Fiction Editors)
● Aaron Dargis (continuing as a Poetry Editor and joining the Fiction Editors)
● Courtney McQueen (Artistic Director and Fiction Editor)
● Jonathan Burgess (Non-Fiction Editor)
● John Newlin (moving from the Fiction Editor position to serve as the Review Editor)
● Rick Mulkey (Contributing Editor)
● Stephen Gray (Webmaster)
Joining Our Staff
We are always excited to welcome new staff to the journal because this means new ideas and fresh perspectives. We would like to welcome:
● Susanne Parker (Fiction Editor)
● Samantha Moe (Non-Fiction Editor)
● Katie Sherman (Blog Editor)
We’d like to wish those staff members who aren’t returning the best in their future endeavors. I am sure they will be successful in whatever they do.
● Angela Raper (Review Editor since January 2016)
● Annette Sanders and Kay Stewart (Non-Fiction Editors since January 2016)
● Kristi Hébert (Blog Editor since January 2014)
I would like to specially thank Kristi Hebert for her time as our Blog Editor. We started this journey together, and while South 85 Journal has changed quite a bit over the past three years, she’s been a loyal and consistent part of our advancement.
To the readers, I’d like to thank you for continuing to support our journal – by reading, submitting, and telling others about it. We look forward to bringing you the next issue. In the meantime, write like mad, and if it’s good, we want to see it!
South 85 Journal